So here we are, just two days away from the big day, and what a great day it is for doing nothing, eating loads and watching television…and of course sparing a thought for those less fortunate around the world. Christmas might only feel like one day, but traditionally there are in fact 12 days of Christmas, you know the song, “On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me….”, etc. So in the true spirit of Christmas I have put together a list of 12 essential SEO basics. Use this as a checklist to analyse your SEO campaign while relaxing in the armchair on Boxing Day. Make sure you are fully on course for an SEO friendly 2011….
- Well-organised site structure along with a site map to ensure maximum search engine indexing potential.
- Carefully crafted metadata titles and descriptions utilising your top keywords.
- Keyword dense, well structured copy.
- Strategic internal linking using relevant anchor text.
- Compelling titles and subheadings that utilise keywords and make use of header tags.
- Onsite blog targeting new keywords and customer attracting topics.
- All blog posts posted on Digg/StumbleUpon/Delicious/LinkedIn, etc.
- Pictures making full use of meta-data.
- Videos making full use of meta-data.
- Twitter campaign running with maximum effort.
- Facebook campaign running with maximum effort.
- Article marketing on a regular basis.