For all you DIY SEO’s out there, I have put together a list of 11 useful online tools to help analyse, optimise and compare your website. Why 11 and not 10? Well it was 10 but then I wanted to throw in another. I make no promises, you might not get top ten rankings using only these bits and bobs alone, but used properly, these are some awesome weapons for your SEO armoury. Have fun!
- Emulates indexing by the search engines.
- Identifies broken links and redirects
2. Yahoo Site Explorer
- Analyses inbound links and reviews cached pages
- Checks the popularity of links and analyses backlinks.
4. Webconfs HTTP/HTTPS Header Check
- Inspects HTTP/HTTPS headers
5. Webconfs Similar Page Checker
- Analyses the uniqueness (content) of each page
6. SEO Browser
- Lets you see pages as the search engines see them
7. WHOIS Lookup Tool
- Reviews domain stats: owner, age, etc.
8. Google Webmaster Tools
- Displays site problems found by Google
- Inspects your HTML code
- Analyses the size of different elements of your page. I.e. images, text, code, etc.
11. SEO Quake